Dancers use their bodies to express emotions, unlike opera singers, who use their voices, and Punchin' Jack, who only uses his fists. Get an eyeful of art with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to Shanghai Ballet's The Butterfly Lovers
- When: Sunday, October 20 at 4 p.m.
- Where: Music Hall Center
- Door time: doors open 1 hour before showtime; house opens 30 minutes before showtime.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $39 for center rear mezzanine (up to a $129.70 value)
- $49 for main floor/front center mezzanine (up to a $129.70 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Shanghai Ballet's The Butterfly Lovers
Sometimes called "the Chinese Romeo and Juliet," the story of the The Butterfly Lovers has been told for centuries. Zhu is disguised as a boy when she first meets Liang, and a fast friendship forms between the two. The smitten Zhu eventually reveals her true identity, and finds her affections returned—but an arranged marriage and an angry family threaten to keep the lovers apart.
The Shanghai Ballet captures both the passion of young love and the tranquility of nature in their performance of the classic tale. Choreographer Xin Lili and the company's dancers enact the tragic romance with only the music, their bodies, and appropriate footwear.