$7 for a Men’s Basketball-Game Package ($14 Total Value)
- One general-admission ticket (a $9 value)
- $5 food voucher, valid for items such as jumbo hot dogs ($3), nachos ($2.50), Gatorade ($2.50), and Snickers ($1)
Choose from the following 7 p.m. games (with doors opening at 6 p.m.):
- Against Jacksonville State on Thursday, January 10
- Against Tennessee Tech on Saturday, January 12
- Against Southeast Missouri on Thursday, January 24
- Against University of Tennessee Martin on Saturday, January 26
- Against Eastern Illinois on Saturday, February 2
- Against Murray State on Thursday, February 14
- Against Austin Peay on Saturday, February 16
- Against Tennessee State on Wednesday, February 20
The Scouting Report
Sixth-year head coach Lennox Forrester leads the SIUE Cougars into their first season as a fully certified NCAA Division I team eligible for postseason play in the Ohio Valley Conference. As a freshman last season, guard Kris Davis tore up defenses with 59.8% accuracy from behind the three-point line.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Athletics
In its years as an NCAA Division II school, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville claimed 17 titles among its men's and women's athletic teams, excelling in such sports as tennis, softball, and wrestling. Under the guidance of coach Kent DeMars, the men's tennis team claimed the national title a record-breaking seven years in a row, from 1978–84, and during the '80s, the school won three straight national titles in wrestling and four in women's tennis, prompting President Reagan to demand that the school tear down its trophy wall.
The Cougars have since made the transition to a Division I program and are members of the Ohio Valley Conference, perhaps signaling a new era of dominance in the national spotlight with 16 men's and women's sports teams. At the recently expanded Vadalabene Center, more than 4,000 fans can cheer on basketball and volleyball teams and the wrestling squad—all potential future inductees into the university's hall of fame. On campus (approximately 25 miles from St. Louis), athletes practice on 2,600 acres of majestic woodland, perched atop bluffs overlooking the calm of the Mississippi River. Sports players included, SIUE currently enrolls 14,000 students and extends its family to more than 86,000 living alumni.
35 Circle Dr.
Edwardsville, Illinois 62025