Ballet dancers spend an unusual amount of time on their toes, much like the coworker who creeps up behind your chair every day just to watch you for a while. Gaze at grace with this GrouponLive deal.
- Eifman Ballet of St. Petersburg Presents "Rodin"
- Where: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Click here to view all available seating options.
Dates and Times
- Thursday, May 23, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 24, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 25, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Eifman Ballet of St. Petersburg Presents Rodin
Excerpts from Rodin – Eifman Ballet of St. Petersburg
"Of the ballet choreographers making narrative works for major stages, Russian Romantic Boris Eifman is virtually the only one totally in touch with the 21st century," wrote the Los Angeles Times of Rodin and its choreographer. A ballet of dynamic, dazzlingly modern visuals that marry the art of sculpture to the fluid nature of dance, Rodin unspools the chaotic relationship of the renowned sculptor with his muse and mistress, fellow artist Camille Claudel. Working with light, shadow, and the human form, the dancers move effortlessly to capture the frozen grace of a statue, the frenetic, writhing energy of a madhouse, and the awkward feeling of dropping an expensive vase. Eifman's ballet paints a portrait of madness, passion, and both the nature of genius and its sometimes painful price.