- 2014 South Dade Food and Rock Festival, presented by Florida Rock Stars
- When: Saturday, September 6, at 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Harris Field Pavilion
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for one ticket (up to $30 value)
- $25 for two tickets (up to $60 value)
2014 South Dade Food and Rock Festival
- When Jade Sanders started composing her crisp country songs: age 10
- What she’s done in the five years since: written 70+ songs, opened for Hunter Hayes, performed at festivals and on the radio
- Artists with whom Cowboy Up Band has shared the stage: Billy Currington, Dwight Yoakam, Jason Boland & the Stragglers
- In the band’s wheelhouse: classic country (Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Jr.), classic rock (Bruce Springsteen, ZZ Top), and contemporary country (Dierks Bentley, Jason Aldean)
- Titles that show off the personalities behind Cecilia Lauren and the Ocoee River Band: “Country Girls Do it Better,” “How at the Moon,” “Paycheck to Paycheck,” and “Redneck Stomp”
Other acts in the lineup: **Warren Silvers Band Grayson Rogers Band Tom Jackson Band**
- What to do between sets: Head over to the food stands to feast on barbecue, seafood, and other fare from local restaurants.
- How to wash it all down: Sip top-shelf liquor at the cash bar, or attach a miles-long hose your kitchen sink before leaving home.
- Where the money goes: All proceeds from a diamond-necklace raffle and soda and water sales benefit the scholarship fund for Homestead-area students.
Florida Rock Stars
According to their website, Florida Rocks Stars “like songs with guitars in them.” This simple declaration has become a call to action, spurring the group to bring rock ‘n’ roll to South Florida without kidnapping Bon Jovi. Their ever-growing network of hard-hitting bands and friendly venues combines to thrill audiences with day-long concerts that not only benefit fans, but also raise a portion of the money for local charities.
Harris Field Pavilion
1034 NE 8th St.
Homestead, Florida 33030