Live music can set the mood on a cruise and overpower the sound of curse words that whales have incorporated into their songs after centuries of hanging out with sailors. Take in less salty tunes with this GrouponLive deal.
- Patti LuPone with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra
- When: Sunday, June 2, at 3 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre
- Door time: 1:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $22 for mid- or upper-balcony seating (up to a $61 value)
- $30 for mid-orchestra or front-balcony seating (up to a $77 value)
- Click here to view the balcony seating chart and here to view the orchestra chart.
Please note there is no elevator on-site and balcony sections are only accessible by stairs.
Patti LuPone with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra
- What you'll hear: showtunes and other selections from LuPone's latest album, Far Away Places
- Year the NJSO was founded: 1922
- Patti's iconic stage roles: Eva Peron in Evita, Mama Rose in Gypsy, Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd, mashed potatoes in kindergarten Thanksgiving pageant
- Number of Tony Awards on her shelf: two
- Great-grand niece of 19th-century opera singer Adelina Patti
- Great-great-grandmother of 2085 Tony Award-winner for Best Bionic Actress in a Musical
- TV shows on which Patti played herself: Saturday Night Live, Glee, Will & Grace
- LuPone's biggest pet peeve: audience members who eat and nap