Live music can set the mood on a cruise and overpower the sound of curse words that whales have incorporated into their songs after centuries of hanging out with sailors. Take in less salty tunes with this GrouponLive deal.
- Patti LuPone with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra
- When: Sunday, June 2, at 3 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre
- Door time: 1:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $22 for mid- or upper-balcony seating (up to a $61 value)
- $30 for mid-orchestra or front-balcony seating (up to a $77 value)
- Click here to view the balcony seating chart and here to view the orchestra chart.<p>
Please note there is no elevator on-site and balcony sections are only accessible by stairs.
Patti LuPone with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra
- What you’ll hear: showtunes and other selections from LuPone’s latest album, Far Away Places
- Year the NJSO was founded: 1922
- Patti’s iconic stage roles: Eva Peron in Evita, Mama Rose in Gypsy, Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd, mashed potatoes in kindergarten Thanksgiving pageant
- Number of Tony Awards on her shelf: two
- Great-grand niece of 19th-century opera singer Adelina Patti
- Great-great-grandmother of 2085 Tony Award-winner for Best Bionic Actress in a Musical
- TV shows on which Patti played herself: Saturday Night Live, Glee, Will & Grace
- LuPone’s biggest pet peeve: audience members who eat and nap<p>
The State Theatre was saved, as its website states, from "the ravages of time." Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue's signature dome.
“Great theater with great acoustics. Great vies from up high. ”
“No hassle no fuss”
“Amazing show ! Would recommend to anyone ! Looking forward to more of dancing shows ”