Anthropologists speculate that percussion instruments were the first musical devices ever created, as evidenced by cave paintings of triangle-playing Neanderthals and fossils of raptors petrified in the middle of drum solos. Indulge in ancient rhythms with this GrouponLive deal.
- $49 for one ticket to see STOMP (up to $86.95 value)
- When: January 7–February 20. Click here to see all available dates.(http://www.ticketmaster.com/stomp-new-york-new-york-01-07-2014/event/03004A989C8E8EBB?artistid=844123&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=53)
- Where: Orpheum Theater
- Seating: orchestra or balcony
- Door time: 30 minutes before each performance
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
A rotating cast of eight spirited performers builds rhythms within the framework of rudimentary narratives during STOMP, an Off Broadway, percussion-heavy experience. Ranked as one of Entertainment Weekly's 50 Best Plays and Musicals from 1983 to 2008, STOMP has impressed beat-embracing crowds since 1994. The performers employ household instruments such as hammers, garbage-can lids, and sitars with strings of discarded dental floss, enchanting audiences with a unique fusion of musical theater, comedy, and performance art. Like a marriage ceremony between two mimes, the 90-minute performance occurs without dialogue or an intermission.