Shakespeare called himself “the bard” because “The Brad” was taken and that guy was like the coolest guy at Olde England Memorial High School. Learn more with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one ticket to see the Tennessee Shakespeare Company’s Unto the Breach! The Un-Common Courage of William Shakespeare (up to a $33 value)
- Where: Duncan-Williams Performance Hall at Germantown Performing Arts Centre
- Section: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Available Dates and Times
- Saturday, September 7, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 10, at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.<p>
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn’t reflect student, senior, or military discounts. Children 17 and under are admitted free when accompanied by a paying guardian. Children (up to 4) will be let in free with a ticket and a ticketed guardian. Please call the box-office to arrange a free ticket for your child.<p>
Unto the Breach! The Un-Common Courage of William Shakespeare
“Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.” These immortal lines, spoken by King Henry V on the brink of battle, provide the inspiration for a unique evening celebrating the works of William Shakespeare. Tennessee Shakespeare Company founder Dan McCleary and company education director Stephanie Shine dive headlong into the Bard’s plays, seeking out the humanity behind the poetry. The spouses enact scenes from pieces as varied as King Lear, The Merchant of Venice, and As You Like It, dramatically demonstrating how Shakespeare returned over and over again to such themes as finding the strength for forgiveness and the bravery to rhyme everything you say. Live music for the show is provided by Celtic musicians Susanna Perry Gilmore and Barry Gilmore. Beyond uplifting the audience, the performance supports the community as well, giving ticket revenue to the company’s education program.<p>
GPAC/Duncan-Williams Performance Hall
4339 Park Avenue
Memphis, TN 38117Get Directions