Most sports grow out of a simple formula: ball plus stick, ball plus kick, or car plus explosion. Get action-packed instant replays with this GrouponLive deal to see the first round of the Davis Cup World Group tournament at the Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre at UBC. Choose between the following options:
- For $64, you get one ticket for Category 2 seating (up to a $127.80 value, including all fees).
- For $103, you get one ticket for Category 1 seating (up to a $206.20 value, including all fees).
For either option, choose from the following dates:
- Singles: Friday, February 1, at 1 p.m.
- Doubles: Saturday, February 2, at 1 p.m.
- Reverse singles: Sunday, February 3, at 11 a.m.
Team Spain—ranked first in the world and composed of no fewer than 13 of the top 100 players—has won the Davis Cup five times in the last 12 years. Certainly, Marcel Granollers and his cohorts enter the first round of the 2013 World Group tournament with a firm grip on the Cup's silver plinths. But first they must overcome the resolve of team Canada, led by Daniel Nestor—a doubles champion in the 2012 French Open—on its own soil, where the Spanish may have trouble skating on the ice-covered courts. With a victory in the three-day set of indoor matches, Nestor and fellow teammates Frank Dancevic, Vasek Pospisil, and Milos Raonic, who brings one of the fastest serves of the tour onto the court, can win a spot in the World Group quarterfinals in April as well as automatic placement in the 2014 World Group, instantly placing them among the 16 elite teams from an initial pool of more than 130 nations.