Spectator sports are marked by traditions, like dumping Gatorade on the winning coach and setting the losing coach's Honda on fire. Feel the heat of competition with this GrouponLive deal.
- Event package to see the San Francisco Bay City Union take on the Reno Scum in a Territory League pro wrestling event
- Where: Avalon Hollywood
- When: Sunday, April 13, at 5 p.m.
- Door time: 4 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- $30 for one ticket, plus a red carpet experience (a $61.37 value)
- $50 for two tickets, plus a red carpet experience for two (a $122.74 value)
For either option, choose between the following seating options:
- Drink pit: these seats place you between the stage and the ring, giving you an up-close look at wrestlers as they enter the arena and make their way to the ring. There is limited seating in the pit, so be prepared to stand.
- Tier two: stationed above the ring, these seats give you an overhead view of the action from cushioned booths. Large LED screens to the right and left of the seats give an even more detailed view, and two fully-stocked bars provide easy access to refreshments.
The red carpet experience invites spectators to participate in a photo opportunity and meet-and-greet with the wrestlers.
The Scouting Report
The Reno Scum and the San Francisco Bay City Union rumble into the ring to square off in a series of team-based wrestling matches—and both posses have something to prove. Last season, the Scum nearly went undefeated, and they will enter this year hungry to prove that they are still Territory League Wrestling's most rough-and-tumble ring rats. In the other corner, the Bay City Union look to rebound after losing to the Las Vegas Highrollers.
The two teams will square off in four matches of different weight classes. If the four matches end in a 2-2 draw, then the teams settle the score with Warfare, in which multiple competitors enter the ring at the same time and attempt to eliminate each other by either pinning their opponent or ejecting them from the ring. After the dust has cleared and all folding chairs have received medical attention, spectators can stick around for TL Afterdark, in which lively music encourages dancing and exhibition matches keep the adrenaline levels high.
Territory League Wrestling
Territory League Wrestling body-slams the individual-oriented wrestling model and turns it into a team-based sport. Instead of featuring a stable of high-flying solo stars, Territory League fields teams of four to represent a specific city. Each event consists of four individual matches—the first team to win the best of four walks away as the winner. But there's a catch: as each match goes on, the other three members of each team watch from two separate, ring-side cages, maximizing the tension and trash talk as the night wears on. If the round robin ends in a 2-2 tie, then the match concludes with a Warfare tiebreaker, in which all eight brawlers could potentially be trading haymakers, submission moves, and spandex maintenance tips at the same time.