Playing baseball takes coordination, upper-body strength, and the courage to run counterclockwise even though that direction is normally only for the immoral and weak-hearted. See strong-willed Americans with this Groupon.
- Texas Marshals collegiate summer-league baseball game package
- When: Any 2013 home game through August 7; see the schedule.
- Where: Gary A. Pasqua Field at Jesuit
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: One hour before game time
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $12 for two tickets to any 2013 home game (up to a $6 value each) and one t-shirt (a $15 value; up to a $27 total value)
- $25 for four tickets to any 2013 home game (up to a $6 value each) and two t-shirts (a $15 value each; up to a $54 value)
Seating is subject to availability per game.
Competing in the Texas Collegiate League, the Marshals showcase up-and-coming college talent in an environment that mimics the minor leagues. This season, the team's offense has been driven by catcher Chabrielle Pizzarro, who leads the team in home runs, RBIs, and batting average. On the mound, Keaton Brewer has lasted more than 17 innings in his two starts, striking out 7 batters to the delight of his teammates and fans happy for even the slightest breeze.
As a founding member of the Texas Collegiate League, the Texas Marshals have groomed college players for futures in pro baseball since 2004. The Marshals travel throughout the state each summer, playing a minor-league-style schedule while maintaining their NCAA eligibility. The players follow the same rules as minor leaguers, using the same equipment and making sure every entrance song is set in a minor key.
Gary A. Pasqua Field at Jesuit
12345 Inwood Road
Dallas, Texas 75244