A fine tequila is distinguished by its complex flavor, smooth mouthfeel, and ability to inspire accounting managers to dance on a bar top. Taste a bold beverage with this GrouponLive deal.
- One G-Pass to The 2nd Annual Mariachi & Tequila Festival 2013
- When: Saturday, November 16, at 6 p.m. Tastings begin at 6 p.m., and performances begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Auditorium Theatre
- Door time: 5:45 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $70 for orchestra main floor or rear boxes (up to a $117.02 value)
- $82 for pit or front boxes (up to a $137.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
The 2nd Annual Mariachi & Tequila Festival 2013
- Number of vendors providing samples of tequila: over 20
- The perfect soundtrack to its agave goodness: mariachi music
- Mariachi groups providing that soundtrack: Mariachi Oro y Plata, Mariachi Real Guadalajara, and Mariachi Perla de Mexico
- Headlining act and grandson of iconic singer and actor Jorge Negrete: Rafael Jorge Negrete
- Other Negrete singing and hosting the evening: Diana Elisa Negrete
- Singer who also happens to be a famous telenovela actor: Arturo Peniche
- Other progeny performing: María Elena Leal, daughter of Lola Beltrán, and Gabriel Solis, son of Javier Solis
- What else to expect: delicious Mexican food, dancing, and a warm, fuzzy feeling in the corazón
Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University
Within the gilded jewel box that is the Auditorium Theatre, pastoral murals, vaulted ceilings, and fields of saffron velvet outfit one of Chicago's most opulent performance halls. Fully restored after a period of midcentury neglect, the theater's 1960 resurgence maintained its air as classic opera hall while non-opera acts such as The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, and Elton John shook the rafters and took advantage of the building's superior acoustics. The occasional concert still rocks the venue, but the Auditorium now thrives as the home away from home for touring national and international dance troupes, and the home just around the corner from home for Chicago's own Joffrey Ballet.
50 East Congress Parkway
Chicago, Illinois 60605