- $35 for one ticket to see The Banana Monologues (up to a $72.95 value)
- Where: Acorn Theatre
- Seating: orchestra section
- Door time: 30 minutes before show time
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Click here to view all available showtimes.
The Banana Monologues
Alexis is away a lot. She doesn't hesitate to take a phone call during a romantic breakfast in bed. And she may be about to fall into the arms of her scheming friend Darby. Her boyfriend, Gus, is trying to muster up the resolve to end their years-long relationship, but he has one friend who won't stand for it: Sergeant Johnson, a bully with a vaguely Southern accent who happens to reside in Gus's pants. Star, co-creator, and entire cast John R. Brennan is "reminiscent of a young Robin Williams in the way he quickly moves from one character to another in a new scenario with no exposition," wrote Charleston City Paper's Jennifer Corley in a 2007 review. With an extensive background in improv and an early career as a Batman impersonator at children's parties, Brennan gives an unembarrassable, intensely physical performance as he conjures an entire raunchy-rom-com world on a nearly bare stage.
The Acorn Theatre
410 W 42nd St.
New York, New York 10036Get Directions