Rock stars only smash their guitars once they've made it big and are ready to free the genie that taught them to solo. Witness the magic with this Groupon.
- $21.40 for one ticket to see The Cult (up to $42.79 value)
- When: Saturday, August 9, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Concord Music Hall
- General admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Age: All ages
- Ticket values include all fees.
- The followers: a mass of fans with tastes as diverse as The Cult’s sound
- Countries they’ve converted: Britain and the US
- The sound: a seamless blend of goth-tinged post-punk (“She Sells Sanctuary”), topped with the heavy-metal thunder and Zeppelin-like feats of Billy Duffy’s guitar (“Fire Woman”)
- Proof of Ian Astuby’s stage charisma: The Cults recently landed on Rolling Stone’s list of the 20 Best Things at Coachella’s Second Weekend with a performance so commanding, they were crowned “Best Messiahs”
- Their latest: 2012’s Choice of Weapon, featuring slithering scorchers such as “Lucifer”
Concord Music Hall
2047 N Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60647