Musicals have always brought impossible dreams to life on stage, from cats that can talk to humans who can sing in public without feeling weird. Escape from reality with this GrouponLive deal.
- $18 for one ticket to see The Doyle & Debbie Show (up to $36 value)
- Where: New Century Theatre
- Seating: best available
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.
- Friday, March 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 22, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 29, at 2 p.m.
The Doyle & Debbie Show
Called "90 minutes of goofy perfection" by the Chicago Sun-Times, The Doyle & Debbie Show skewers country-western music as it follows the tale of washed-up Nashville singer Doyle Mayfield. After three decades and four wives, Doyle embarks on a comeback tour supported by his new assistant and sequin gluer, the third in a line of Debbies. The single mom with three young ones was spending her evenings belting out tunes in a VFW when Doyle discovered her, and eagerly hitched her wagon to his fading star. Together, the pair takes one last shot at Nashville stardom—but soon Debbie begins to wonder if Doyle has what it takes to put them over the top. With such off-the-wall tunes as "(Just Keep Me) Barefoot and Pregnant" and "Blue Stretch Pants," the whip-smart romp tickles funny bones while massaging ears with pitch-perfect Nashville melodies.