- The Mushroom Cure
- When: any show through March 29; shows take place Saturdays at 3 p.m.
- Where: The Broadway Comedy Club
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 2:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here for available dates and reservations.
- $8 for one ticket (up to $18 value)
- $12 for two tickets (up to $36 value)
- $20 for four tickets (up to $72 value)
The Mushroom Cure
BroadwayBaby.com calls it "a revelation." The Scotsman hails it as "storytelling of the highest order." Three Weeks says "there really aren’t many more naturally gifted storytellers than Strauss." And if the DEA had theater critics, they'd call it a "Class 1 felony." In his latest critically acclaimed autobiographical monologue Adam Strauss, winner of the prestigious Leffe Storytelling Award, uses his witty wordplay and ceaseless stage charisma to tell a story that even Nancy Reagan couldn't resist. Seeking to cure his obsessive-compulsive disorder, Adam takes inspiration from a scientific study suggesting a miracle cure: hallucinogenic mushrooms. What follows is a psychedelic quest that introduces him to a shady group of underground chemists, turns him into the guinea pig of a lovely psychologist, and leaves him stranded on a remote island with an elderly pug and a fistful of drugs. Smart, tightly written, and far removed from the humor of either a Cheech or a Chong, the Edinburgh Fringe Festival–hit simultaneously elicits laughs while giving the heart considerable pangs.