- One ticket to see The Musical of Musicals, The Musical!
- Where: Panasonic Theatre
- Door time: one hour prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view a list of available performances.
- $35 for orchestra rows P–S or balcony rows G–J (up to a $47.50 value)
- $54 for orchestra rows B–N or balcony rows A–F (up to an $87.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The Musical of Musicals, The Musical!
Equal parts love-letter and razor-sharp parody, The Musical of Musicals, The Musical! starts with the familiar, Rodgers-and-Hammerstein-esque tale of June, beloved by Willy and affianced to villainous landlord Jitter. While destiny seems, well, destined to keep them apart, the power of an inspiring ballad begins to change the tide. That's when things get interesting: in a flash, the show pivots into the dark and moody world of Stephen Sondheim, and the characters are suddenly spouting feelings and lyrics as complex as they are cynical. And the metamorphosis doesn't stop there—the capable cast of four continues to vault between styles riffing on the work of Jerry Herman, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, and Kander and Ebb. The resulting blend of song and style has won the musical worldwide acclaim since it originally premiered in 2003; as the Associated Press put it, it's a "delightful, fizzy concoction" that knows that "parody is the sincerest form of flattery. And if you are in on the joke that makes the fun doubly delicious."
The Panasonic Theatre's all-Canadian cast comes straight from a sold-out run at the 2013 Toronto Fringe Festival. The production won four titles there, including Outstanding Production and Best-Ever Title With a Thrice Repeated Word.
651 Yonge St.
Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1Z9Get Directions