- For $12, you get one ticket for general-admission seating (up to a $24 value, including all fees).
- For $43, you get four tickets for general-admission seating (up to a $96 value, including all fees).<p>
Next, choose from the following showtimes:
- Saturday, December 8, at 10 a.m.
- Saturday, December 8, at 1 p.m.
- Sunday, December 9, at 10 a.m.
- Sunday, December 9, at 1 p.m.<p>
Doors open one hour before showtime.
For the sixth consecutive year, Zenon Dance Company presents its lovingly tweaked rendition of The Nutcracker, written by children’s author Bruce Lansky and starring the likes of Wee Willie Winkie, Jack Be Nimble, and Mother Goose herself. Tchaikovsky’s score remains, but the dances performed are wholly unique. When the castanets of “The Spanish Dance” begin clicking, they underscore the physical comedy of a monkey and weasel circling a mulberry bush; the mysterious woodwinds in “The Arabian Dance” set a-fluttering the woolly tails of Little Bo Peep’s charges. While the familiar stories and slapstick physicality of the dances keep little ones enthralled, adults might smile at choreographer Seán Curran’s subtle references to the traditional production: Mary Contrary waters her colorful garden to the “Waltz of the Flowers,” and Nibbles the mouse, the resident storybook page-turner, is traditionally portrayed by a member of rodent nobility.
"The Nutcracker According the Mother Goose" presented by Zenon Dance Company
528 Hennepin Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55402