Going to a concert can deepen your admiration for the musicians, especially during the drummer's 20-minute bottle-feeding of a baby goat. Strengthen your musical bond with this GrouponLive deal.
- $25 for two tickets to The Original Wailers (up to a $50 value)
- When: Friday, August 23, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Revolution Bar & Music Hall
- General admission
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Original Wailers
- Are The Wailers and The Original Wailers the same band?: Not exactly. The Wailers were Bob Marley's old band with Bunny Livingston and Peter Tosh. After their breakup, Marley continued on with Bob Marley and The Wailers, which morphed into The Wailers Band after his passing. The Original Wailers formed in 2008 with Marley's former lead guitarist Al Anderson and The Wailers Band's Junior Marvin.
- Where you've heard Al Anderson's guitar: On "No Woman, No Cry" and in concerts with James Brown, Stevie Wonder, The Rolling Stones, and Ben Harper. It also whimpers if Anderson leaves it alone for too long.
- Other members of The Original Wailers: lead vocalist Desi Hyson, keyboardist Marty Batista, bassist Steve Samuels, drummer Francis "Paapa" Nyarkoh, and backing vocalist Erica Newell
- Has the band been nominated for any awards?: yes, the 2012 EP, Miracle, received a Grammy nomination for Best Reggae Album
- Songs you might hear in concert: "Blackbird," "Justice," "Our Day Will Come"