Rock stars only smash their guitars once they've made it big and are ready to free the genie that taught them to solo. Witness the magic with this GrouponLive deal.
- $12 for one ticket to see The Outlaws (up to $22.09 value)
- When: Friday, September 5, at 9 p.m.
- Where: The VERVE - Crowne Plaza
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- One of The Outlaws’s earliest fans: Clive Davis, who signed them to his scrappy start-up label, Arista
- What they did in return: racked up gold or platinum certification for three albums in a row; toured with The Allman Brothers, The Doobie Brothers, and The Rolling Stone Brothers
- Songs you know: “Green Grass & High Tides,” “There Goes Another Love Song,” “(Ghost) Riders in the Sky”
- What links these songs: the band’s signature assault of dual lead guitars, drum-tight three- and four-part harmonies, and a country-tinged rock feel
- Why their 2012 album, It’s About Pride, is significant: it marked the band’s big return to the music world, having survived legal battles, personnel changes, and the deaths of several founding members
- How they’re spending their nights post-resurgence: playing as many as 150 shows per year
- About those shows, according to Bill Robinson of the Huffington Post: “The Outlaws helped define Southern Rock for me and for generations of fans. Seeing them onstage with The Charlie Daniels Band, Marshall Tucker Band, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd or countless others was, for a long time, one of the best experiences I could have. And so it was again when I saw The Outlaws play recently.”
“Decent dinner with a touch of Asian flair.”
The VERVE - Crowne Plaza
1360 Worcester Street
Natick, Massachusetts 01760