Kids like music that reflects their own lives, which explains their enduring love for "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round" and anything by GWAR. Keep youngsters engaged with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for one G-Pass to the Recess! Family Music Festival (up to a $35.55 value)
- When: Saturday, June 22, at 11 a.m.
- Where: Meadow Brook Music Festival
- Seating: rows T–XX
- Door time: 10 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Recess! Family Music Festival
The Laurie Berkner Band performing "Mouse in My Toolbox"
- Who you'll see at the festival: Laurie Berkner, Dan Zanes and Friends, Ralph's World, The Verve Pipe, Candy Band, and the School of Rock
- Why parents will enjoy the show as much as their kids: every performer started out as a rock musician, which means an emphasis on intelligent and funny—as opposed to saccharine—lyrics
- Most adorable neologism that describes this new genre: kindie rock
- Most inaccurate neologism that describes this new genre: lil’ metal
- Laurie Berkner on the difference between writing rock music for adults and kids: "Writing music for kids has not been a struggle at all. The more I started working on material for children, the more I realized that it opened up creativity in my that I never knew I had."
- If the names Dan Zanes and Ralph Covert ring bells, it's because: they were the frontmen of The Del Fuegos and the Bad Examples, respectively
- How the New York Times described Zanes' kid-friendly tunes: "music that's unsanitized, unpasteurized, that's organic even"
- Statue-awarding organizations that second the praise: the Grammys, who gifted him with a 2006 award for Best Musical Album for Children
- The Verve Pipe's contribution to youthful melodies: 2009's Family Album, which featured such playfully sardonic songs as "We Had to Go Home" about a birthday party gone wrong
- Allmusic.com's verdict on The Verve Pipe’s new album "one of the best they’ve ever made"
Tips from Groupon Customers
Meadow Brook Music Festival
3554 Walton Blvd.
Rochester Hills, Michigan 48309