- Admission to The Ringwald Theatre presents Snow Girls
- When: select dates from November 24–December 15. Click here to view all available performances.
- Where: Ringwald Theatre, which also offers Evil Dead: The Musical every fall
- Section: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $20 for two tickets (up to a $40 value)
- $40 for four tickets (up to an $80 value)
The seedy underbelly of Vegas collides with the winter wonderland of classic Rankin/Bass television specials in the Showgirls-skewering parody Snow Girls. With a head full of dreams and curls and a switchblade by her side, heroine Nomey follows her heart to the North Pole in her quest for stardom. Mirroring the so-bad-it's-hilarious storyline of the notorious flick, she discovers the darker side of fame as unsavory characters including snide reindeer, Elvis impersonators, and nemesis Krystal Berger attempt to derail her lofty ambitions. Will Nomey fail like the other "dancers" who came before her, or will she vamp in the spotlight of the Northern Lights? Snow Girls answers all with a tongue-in-cheek send up of both holiday fare and the cult-classic flop.
When productions at the Ringwald Theatre—named _Metromix_'s Best Place to See Local Theatre 2010-2012—aren't bringing audiences to tears with laughter, they're making them think. Proudly provocative, even when they're unabashedly silly, the original and re-imagined shows staged here strip the theater-going experience of any stuffiness. Whether it's gut-busting parodies such as Fatal Attraction: A Greek Tragedy, gut-harmonizing musicals such as Evil Dead: The Musical, or gut-punching dramas such as Hurlyburly, the Ringwald Theatre's willingness to both entertain and confront onlookers has made it a staple of the Detroit theater community.