Roadies are the unsung heroes of rock shows—moving equipment, checking microphones, and vaccinating bands against each city's local poxes. Prepare to rock with this Groupon.
- $46 for one G-Pass to see Weezer with Passion Pit and Metz (up to a $92.60 value)
- When: Friday, July 12, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Downsview Park
- Section: general-admission standing room
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Weezer with Passion Pit and Metz
- Three: the number of self-titled Weezer albums known by their color
- The Blue Album: the debut record Weezer will perform in its entirety
- Evidence that the The Blue Album is actually platinum: it was certified triple-platinum in the US, double-platinum in Canada
- Rolling Stone listed The Blue Album in its 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- What you've heard from it: "Buddy Holly," "Say It Ain't So," "In the Garage"
- How to destroy Weezer-frontman Rivers Cuomo's sweater: hold this thread as he walks away, or wash it in hot water
- The term that Passion Pit took its name from is Variety-magazine slang for "drive-in theatre"
- Passion Pit songs that are great for smooching to in a drive-in: "Take a Walk," "Carried Away"
- Most unexpected cover on the deluxe edition of Passion Pit's Manners: The Cranberries' "Dreams"
- Chunk-rock bands that Metz emulates: The Pixies, Shellac
Lights stream down from all directions onto the stage at Sound Academy as audience members stand transfixed. Heightening the kaleidoscope, the crystal-clear sound system allows concertgoers to hear even the most subtle hiccups of the performers.