Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, which is why it's nice when you overhear someone mimicking your voice to everyone in the office. Hear an uncanny impression with this GrouponLive deal.
- General admission to see The Spirit of Johnny Cash
- When: Friday, June 6, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Stafford Palace Theater
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for one ticket (up to $31.85 value)
- $55 for two tickets plus admission to the supper club buffet (up to $110.90 value)
The Spirit of Johnny Cash
Harold Ford performs "All Over Again"
- Who he is: Harold Ford, former logger and present-day Johnny Cash tributeer
- How his present career started: his fiancée shoved him onstage during an open-mic night in upstate New York
- By the time he knew what was happening: he was several songs deep and had the entire bar's attention
- How he explained the difference between his act and impersonation to Saratoga Today: “I was born with this voice and I like his songs. I’m not out there trying to change my voice to sound like Cash—I want no part of any fake impersonating.”
- Who joins him onstage: Laura Lucy, who channels June Carter Cash with the same aplomb as her band leader
- Who else is up there: the Cash Band, his skilled backup group; the venue owners, if they want to be—no one can really stop them