A great live performance is something you'll be able to describe to your kids someday, unlike the way they looked midbirth. Scream along to your favorites with this GrouponLive deal.
- $6.63 for one ticket to see The Tossers (up to a $13.25 value)
- When: Sunday, October 13, at 8 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Houston
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Tossers performing "Maidrin Rua/Tell Me Ma"
- How The Tossers describe themselves: "The world's loudest folk band"
- How they describe their sound: "Irish drinking music for punk rockers"
- How they make that sound: with traditional Irish instruments such as fiddles, banjos, mandolins, tin whistles, and button accordions
- How they helped define that sound: The Tossers were formed in the early '90s, years before Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly entered the scene
- Where you may have seen them: opening for Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, The Reverend Horton Heat, and Mastodon, driving the snakes out of Chicago
- The Tossers' most Irish moment: opening for The Pogues on St. Patrick's Day in New York
- Where supporting act The Dead Rabbits got their name: either from the 1850 Irish gang of New York, or from being huge fans of Watership Down
- Praise for The Dead Rabbits: they've been touted by fans as Houston's best Celtic rockers