Before modern cinema, the term motion picture referred to tossing children's artwork out the car window. Catch a flick with this GrouponLive deal.
- 2013 Summer Concert Film Series
- When: any movie through August 25; movies screen on Saturdays and Sundays at 7 p.m.
- Where: Tilles Center for the Performing Arts
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the film calendar.
- $6 for one ticket (up to a $15.90 value)
- $10 for two tickets (up to a $31.80 value)
2013 Summer Concert Film Series
- To see Ann and Nancy Wilson in top form, playing a hometown performance of Heart's greatest hits (and a killer version of Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog"), check out Heart: Alive in Seattle on August 4
- To hear the band Chicago play hits such as "25 or 6 to 4" and "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" in their hometown of Chicago, see Chicago in Chicago on August 10
- To gain intimate insight into the life and mind of Janis Joplin, and to hear her howl out "Me and Bobby McGee," see Janis on August 11
- To reminisce about the "Summer of Love" and spend three hours with Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Jefferson Airplane, Joe Cocker, Sha-Na-Na, and muddy, graciously odorless music fans, see Woodstock on August 17 or 18
- For a black-and-white look at a famous Irish band as they discover America, jam with B.B. King, steal "Helter Skelter" back from Charles Manson, sing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" with a church choir, and sport ponytails like men, see U2: Rattle and Hum on August 24
- To see Jay-Z explain all of his "99 Problems," perform with Beyoncé and R. Kelly, and sell out Madison Square Garden, check out Fade to Black on August 25