Musicals have always brought impossible dreams to life on stage, from cats that can talk to humans who can sing in public without feeling weird. Escape from reality with this GrouponLive deal.
- $17.50 for one ticket to see Triangle Productions' Ari – Maria (up to $35 value)
- When: Thursdays–Sundays, May 16–26
- Where: The Sanctuary at Sandy Plaza
- Seating: red section
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Click here to view all available dates and showtimes.
Ari – Maria
While most love affairs involve secret meetings, furtive glances, and encrypted telephone calls, the one between Maria Callas and Aristotle Socrates Onassis would become internationally known. After meeting at a Venetian party in 1957, the acclaimed Greek opera singer and enormously wealthy Greek shipping magnate would fall in love despite their spouses, and play their turbulent relationship out on the public stage for more than a decade to follow. Lauded by Oregon Live for its “evocative score,” the joy and drama enlivens a different sort of stage in Ari – Maria. As Maria Calla, Amy Jo Halliday lends her vocal gusto to timeless pieces by Puccini and Bellini, complementing an original book by Donald L. Horn and music by Jonathan Quesenberry. Bruce Blanchard, meanwhile, portrays the wandering Onassis, and, in the spirit of a Greek tragedy, a narrating figure named “Friend” sets the context behind the simple staging.
Triangle Productions 2012
1785 Northeast Sandy Boulevard
Portland, OR 97232Get Directions