Watching an athlete succeed is supremely satisfying, though curiously, so is watching a dam fail. Feel the rush with this GrouponLive deal.
- $10 for two tickets to a Tulsa Derby League roller-derby bout (up to a $20 value)
- Where: Skates Roller Skating Entertainment Center
- Seating: General Admission
- Door time: One hour prior to the event start time
- Kids aged 10 and under receive free admission
Event Options and Dates
- The Tulsa All-Stars women's squad against the Mo-Kan Rollergirls on Sunday, June 23, at 5:30 p.m.
- The Tulsa All-Stars women's squad against the OKC Outlaws on Sunday, July 14, at 6:30 p.m.
Though this merchant sometimes offers a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available.
The Scouting Report
Skates Roller Skating Entertainment Center shakes beneath revolving wheels and cringe-worthy spills during a pair of Tulsa Derby League bouts. On June 23, Snap Her Head, Rosie the Wrecker, and the rest of the ladies from the nationally ranked All-Stars clash with the Rollergirls. The All-Stars' most recent victory on May 26—a 112-43 demolishing of Tall City—only reaffirmed the team's status as the defending champions of the USA Roller Sports North Central region.
Tulsa Derby League
Roller derby has gained a reputation as a tough ladies' sport, but the Tulsa Derby League doesn't discriminate. Founded in 2007, the non-profit league hosts divisions for virtually everyone—men, women, and junior-level boys and girls—to join the fast-paced action, making it one of the largest roller-derby leagues in Oklahoma, just behind wild armadillos' lethal desert rumbles. Throughout the year, the league's teams—including the main men's and women's squads, the All-Stars and Militia, respectively—hurtle around the track during practices and bouts at Skates Roller Skating Entertainment Center in Sand Springs. Since the league operates as part of USA Roller Sports, professional skating coaches helm each squad, leading to a sense of discipline that landed the All-Stars a recent berth in the USARS Roller Derby Championships.