Louis Armstrong once said, “If you have to ask what jazz is, you’ll never know,” which is why teachers of jazz appreciation automatically flunk all students who raise their hands in class. Celebrate a simpler grading system with this GrouponLive deal.
- Jazz concert with drinks for one, two, or four
- When: any show until December 22, excluding special events and anything with a ticket cost of more than $20
- Where: Twins Jazz
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $10 for one ticket (up to a $22 value) and one drink (up to a $6 value; a $28 total value)
- $19 for two tickets and two drinks (up to a $56 total value)
- $36 for four tickets and four drinks (up to a $112 total value)
Each audience member receives one glass of house wine, beer, or a well drink. Each person must make a $10 minimum food or drink purchase; the drinks included in this Groupon do not count toward that minimum.
Upcoming Shows at Twins Jazz
Jason Yeager Trio – "La Segunda" Live in 2011
- Katy Roberts Quartet (July 12–13): pianist inspired by the music and dance traditions of Ghana leads a tight-as-a-drum ensemble
- Lahla-Hadiya (July 21): R&B and neo-soul artist turns her rich voice into a potter's wheel, smoothing each phrase around even the most unexpected improvisations from her backing band
- Jason Yeager Trio (July 25): pianist combines his love of jazz with genres as diverse as contemporary classical music, the blues, and Argentinian folk
- Click here to view the schedule of upcoming performers.
In 1986, the Twins Lounge opened as an Ethiopian restaurant in a 50-seat space that once played host to jazz and blues shows. But the musicians clamored for music to fill the crimson and mosaic-tiled walls once more—and eventually, the owners gave in. The lounge has since moved, but it remains true to its roots with a mix of classic American jazz and global flavor. Twins Lounge still offers international food in its 60- to 100-seat dining room.