The best rappers are masters of language, rhyme, and the ability to walk onstage in front of thousands of people and talk about some very sexy topics. Watch the best with this GrouponLive deal.
- $16 for one ticket to see Twiztid, Jelly Roll, and Lil Wyte (up to a $25.25 value)
- When: Wednesday, August 28, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Brewster's MegaPlex
- General admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Twiztid, Jelly Roll, and Lil Wyte
- The horrorcore rappers who make up Twiztid: Jamie Madrox and Monoxide Child
- Before the show, they: paint their faces bright white, their eyes dark black, and their Hello Kitty tattoos invisible
- What's horrorcore?: hip-hop with raw, often violent lyrics inspired by horror movies
- Hits that fans might hear: "Down With Us," "Raw Deal," and "We Don't Die"
- Jelly Roll's gritty music is informed by: a hard youth spent selling drugs in South Nashville
- Now that he's turned his life around, his only recent brush with the law is: a lawsuit from Waffle House
- They objected to: the use of their logo on his mix tape Whiskey, Weed & Waffle House
- Future potential lawsuits: Little Debbie, Jelly Roll Morton's ghost
- Jelly Roll recently collaborated with: Lil Wyte for No Filter, released on Wyte's own label
- Lil Wyte first rose to fame when: he caught the attention of fellow Memphians Three 6 Mafia before he turned 21
Fed up with the dearth of national tours making a stop in Jacksonville, the proprietors of Brewster's MegaPlex bought the empty Town & Country Shopping Center, then transformed it into a concert venue. Four separate spaces—The Pit, Lava, The Roc Bar, and The Edge Concert Hall—allow for shows of all different sizes. Attendees could head to a standing-room-only dance party or a larger performance where they have the chance to spread out and bring along any pet giraffes.