The first action movie resulted from a slideshow-projector malfunction, which turned a deck of family vacation photos into a fiery, explosion-packed beachside adventure. Take a trip to the movies with this GrouponLive deal to the Vail Film Festival at the Four Seasons Resort Vail, running from Thursday, March 28, through Sunday, March 31. Check out the schedule here. Choose from the following ticketing options:
- For $39, you get one ticket to the festival’s concert, featuring Meiko, Javier Dunn, Holly Conlan, and other acclaimed musicians from L.A.'s Hotel Cafe, on Friday, March 29, at 9 p.m. (a $65 value). Includes complimentary Stella Artois beer.
- For $45, you get a Vista 5 pass, good for general admission to any five screenings (a $75 value).
- For $75, you get a Vista Open pass, good for general admission to unlimited screenings (a $125 value).
- For $297, you get a Prima pass (a $495 value), which includes:
- Admission and priority seating at all screenings
- Entrance to the opening-night party on Thursday, March 28
- A filmmaker reception
- Admission to Friday's concert
- Admission to the awards ceremony on Saturday, March 30
- Entrance to the closing-night party
Now in its 10th year, the Vail Film Festival keeps the projector rolling throughout a weekend of parties, movies, and music. During Friday’s concert, a lineup of soulful singers who regularly perform at Hotel Café in Los Angeles massages ears with soft, pop-infused melodies. Acts include Meiko, whose smoky voice has appeared in such shows as Grey's Anatomy and Pretty Little Liars, and Javier Dunn, whose aching croon floats above minimalist techno beats. Throughout the duration of the festival, guests can dip into a curated roster of more than 50 selections in the following categories:
Building buzz at festivals in Toronto, Venice, and all around the globe, high-octane thriller Disconnect raises pulses with four stories of lives torn apart by technology, confronting such issues as cyberbullying and identity theft. The film, directed by Academy Award–nominated documentarian Henry-Alex Rubin, stars Hollywood stalwarts Jason Bateman and Alexander Skarsgård. Other notable works include The Iceman, which tells the true story of Richard Kuklinski, who was a hit man for the mob for years while maintaining the façade of a respectable family man.
Pad Yatra: A Green Odyssey follows a group of environmentalists who made a dangerous trek over the Himalayas, cleaning the environment, educating inhabitants about green living, and trying to convince yaks to stop looking so smug. In Climb to Glory, audiences learn about World War II's 10th Mountain Division ski troopers, whose technical innovations and love of skiing helped transform the sport after the war.
Live-Action and Animated Shorts
An officially approved adaptation of Stephen King's chilling short story Grey Matter raises goose bumps with the tale of a boy whose disabled, alcoholic father begins transforming into something far more sinister. Crescendo, a period piece set in the Holy Roman Empire of the 18th century, follows a woman who finds her day intersecting with musical fate.