There are many classic comedy routines, but none is more lauded than the one in which someone walks toward a banana peel and places it in the garbage. Enjoy throwaway gags with this GrouponLive deal.
- Vancouver International Improv Festival
- When: September 23–28
- Where: Waterfront Theatre
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Performance and Ticketing Options
- $10 for two tickets to a weeknight show (up to a $20 value)
- $10 for two tickets to a weekend show (up to a $30 value)
- $25 for one festival pass, good for all performances (up to a $48.47 value)
- Click here to view all show options.
- Click here to see a list of performers.
Vancouver International Improv Festival 2013
- Number of years the festival has been improvising: 14
- Number of years Vancouver's Instant Theatre, the festival's co-founders, have: 20
- What they do: short-form and long-form improv, both structured and freestyle
- How quickly they do it: instantly
- Kirsten and Matt: two Toronto-based comedian/actors
- Where you might have seen them: in troupes such as the Canadian Comedy Award-nominated Sketchersons, Pride Cops!, and Cool Chicken; in cities such as Berlin, New York, and Adelaide
- What's Parallelogramophonograph: a group of four Texan improvisers
- What they do: create organic narratives, make up long words
- What's the International Ensemble: a diverse group of improvisers from across the U.S. and Canada, who come together during the festival to play with new forms of improv
- Who Tegan and Sarah are: a non-concept, character-driven improv duo
- Who they are not: Tegan and Sara, the indie-rock duo