- Admission to A Day of Shopping, Pampering, Socializing & Fun
- When: Sunday, September 22, at 12 p.m.
- Where: Rome Commons Ballroom at University of Connecticut
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 12 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees and Fab-Fun Goodie Bags (while supplies last).
- $7 for two tickets (up to a $12.50 value)
- $12 for four tickets (up to a $25 value)
A Day of Shopping, Pampering, Socializing & Fun
On September 22, the Rome Commons Ballroom transforms into a women-centric marketplace for an afternoon full of shopping, pampering, socializing, and fun. ALEX and ANI will have their latest collection in the Bangle Lounge, complimentary Henna is being offered from HennaDancer, complimentary mini-facials from Bonne Sante, and makeup tricks from Wink Cosmetics. Exhibitors include fashion and accessories vendors, cake pop experts Lizzy's Lollicakes, a Prada sunglass Trunk Show, a performance from UCONN's "Rubyfruit", and so much more.
Co-founders Alana La Fleur and Vanessa Jennings put the mission of VAz Media right in the name: V stands for "Vanessa," A for "Alana," and Z represents "everything for women, from A to Z." The duo established their event-planning company to give women a place to relax and socialize in a supportive environment, free of stress or the incessant pandering for their votes from mayoral candidates. La Fleur and Jennings also partner each event with a charity, raising funds for organizations such as the Connecticut chapter of the National MS Society and CT Women’s Education and Legal Fund.