Although Thomas Edison invented the light bulb and the phonograph, it never occurred to him to mix lights and music because he wasn’t very smart. Electrify your senses with this GrouponLive deal.
- .WAVs Summer Dance Music Cruise
- Where: Departs from Pier 83
- Boarding time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
$41 for one ticket on Friday, July 26, at 8 p.m., featuring Switch (Major Lazer co-founder), a DJ set by Neon Indian, Grandmaster Flash, Roxy Cottontail, Octa Octa (Live), and Cousin Cole (Fool’s Gold) (up to a $61.37 value)
- Includes one premium drink
- Includes one after-cruise pass<p>
$63 for a four-cruise captain’s pass (up to an $89.95 value), valid:
- Friday, July 26, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, August 23, at 7 p.m., featuring Sinden, Good Night Keaton, Afrika Bambataa, Grandtheft, a Ladytron DJ set, and Lauren Flax
- Friday, September 27, at 7 p.m., featuring Paul Johnson
- Friday, October 25, at 7 p.m., featuring Kim Ann Foxman of Hercules and Love Affair<p>
.WAVs Summer Dance Music Cruise
Not all of New York’s clubs are rooted to the land. With the upcoming July 26 inauguration of .WAVs Summer Dance Music Cruise, electronic beats take to the Hudson aboard a ship armed with a multilevel sound system, five full bars, and live DJ sets from both emerging and established artists. Neon Indian headlines the maiden voyage with a set that flaunts the musical mastery and technical bravado on display in original tracks such as “Fall Out” and “Polish Girl.” Legendary hip-hop DJ Grandmaster Flash—who pioneered the use of the turntable—will also be onboard to spin out the infectious beats that helped him and his Furious Five become the first hip-hop artists to earn a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The official after-cruise after-party, Sound Clouds, features Jen Mas and other special guests. It will be held at Z-Bar, a high-end rooftop space located at 605 W 48th Street, between 11th and 12 avenues.
Following that initial cruise, the music will continue sailing in the moonlight. In August, Ladytron transports their electro-pop New Wave sound from Liverpool, whereas September ushers in Chicago DJ Paul Johnson. Then, October’s cruise celebrates Halloween with a set from Kim Ann Foxman of Hercules and Love Affair.
12th Ave. & W 42nd St.
New York, New York 10036Get Directions