Although Thomas Edison invented the light bulb and the phonograph, it never occurred to him to mix lights and music because he wasn't very smart. Electrify your senses with this GrouponLive deal.
- $40 for a dinner and drink package to .WAVs Double-Header Pier Party and Summer Dance Music Cruise (up to a $71.99 total value)
- When: Friday, August 23, at 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Departs from Pier 83
- Door time: 9 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Included in the Package
- One general-admission ticket to both parties (up to a $42.99 total value)
- One drink (a $14 value)
- One full dinner ticket, including one main dish and two side dishes (a $15 value)
Though this merchant sometimes offers a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available.
.WAVs Double Header Pier Party & Summer Dance Music Cruise
- Performing on this .WAVs voyage: Ladytron (DJ set), Sinden, Afrika Bambaataa, Grandtheft, Lauren Flax, and Swizzymack
- Ladytron's sound: a blend of electro-pop and shoegaze
- Ladytron's home town: Liverpool
- Also from Liverpool: The Beatles, who will not be appearing
- When Afrika Bambaataa got his start: the 1970s, when he helped to define hip-hop
- 21: The ranking of his monster hit "Planet Rock" on VH1's "100 Greatest Hip-Hop Songs"
- What people sometimes call Sinden: the "British Diplo"
- Sound pioneered by Sinden, along with Switch, Jesse Rose, and Hervé: "Fidgethouse"
- What is it?: electro-house music with lifted vocal snippets, muddy bass lines, and rave-style synths, all played in 4/4 time
- What "fidgethouse" could also mean: a reality show where the only thing to eat in the mansion is coffee grounds
- Also appearing: installation and environment artist Gizem Bacaz, who will be creating her art live
- How to see more of Bacaz's work: wander around the boat–visual environments have been created as a part of an exclusive exhibition
W 38th St. & West Side Hwy.
New York, New York 10036Get Directions