Cover bands look and sound just like the real thing, unlike cover audiences, who are just used mannequins holding up lighters. See the real almost-real thing with this GrouponLive deal.
- VIP access to see Yacht Rock Revue perform Prince's Purple Rain
- When: Friday, May 31, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Piedmont Park at Legacy Fountain
- Seating: reserved VIP section
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $25 for one VIP ticket (up to a $57.99 value)
- $45 for two VIP tickets (up to a $115.98 value)
- VIP tickets ensure seating and free access to the official “Prince Dance Party” after-party at Park Tavern
Yacht Rock Revue
Yacht Rock Revue has been touted as the “Best Overall Music Act in Atlanta,” but they might be most proud of their show being named the “Best Place to Get Drunk With Your Dad” and the “Best Place to Start an Extramarital Affair.” Equal parts tribute act and polyester-hoarding comedy troupe, the retro-loving pranksters have perfected the act of party instigation in their loving throwback to the mellow sounds of ‘70s soft rock. But while the act may poke affectionate fun at the bygone era, the musical professionalism is tighter than Brooke Shields’s Jordaches, earning them performances with the likes of Weezer and Kid Rock.
On May 31, the group takes the stage beneath a 10,000 square foot tent overlooking Piedmont Park and the Legacy Fountain. Yacht Rock Revue starts the evening with a set of the “greatest dentist office rock of all time,” which often includes the hits of Hall & Oates, Steely Dan, and Michael McDonald, before launching into his purple majesty’s 1984 magnum opus, Purple Rain. After the last guitar lick fades, the night continues at Park Tavern, where half-off sushi and a Prince-themed dance floor encourage guests to party like it’s 1975–1999.