- $9 for one ticket to see Yamato The Drummers of Japan (up to a $48 value)
- When: Tuesday, November 26, at 8 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre
- Seating: mid-orchestra, mid-balcony, upper balcony, or gallery
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the orchestra seating chart.
- Click here to view the balcony and gallery seating chart.
Yamato Drummers of Japan
Yamato The Drummers of Japan beat traditional Japanese taiko drums to an echo during performances. The drums, crafted from towering hardwood trees and animal skins, range from nimble noisemakers to hulking behemoths. Each high-octane performance features multiple sets, with drummers dancing in unison or building increasingly complex harmonies that The Independent praised as "energetic...and exhilarating."
The State Theatre was saved, as its website states, from "the ravages of time." Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s when disco balls replaced light fixtures. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue's signature dome.
15 Livingston Ave
New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901
732-247-7200 x517Get Directions