- Children’s Theatre Company of Peekskill's Yertle the Turtle and Change Reaction or The Orange River That Would Be Blue
- When: February 1, 2, 8, or 9 at 3 p.m.
- Where: Ford Theatre
- Seating: reserved
- Door time: 2:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for one adult ticket and one child's ticket (up to $20 value)
- $32 for two adult tickets and two children's tickets (up to $40 value)
- $45 for two adult tickets and four children's tickets (up to $60 value)
Children ages 3 and younger are admitted for free.
Yertle the Turtle
Adapted for the stage with original songs by Children's Theatre Company Music Director Lory Lazarus, this Dr. Seuss classic wraps an anti-totalitarian message in kid-friendly packaging. Yertle is the king of the pond, but he's unhappy with his throne of stone. To sit at the lofty height he believes suits him, he begins building a new throne out of his subjects, starting with the unfortunate Mack. But as the tower of turtles grows higher and higher, and violates more and more OSHA regulations, those at the bottom begin trembling under the weight. Finally, lowly Mack has had enough, and decides to bring his haughty king down.
Change Reaction or The Orange River That Would Be Blue
A musical morality tale, Change Reaction begins its accessible environmentalism under pretty ordinary circumstances: three kids discover a talking fish. Sickened by the pollution in his river, Fred the Fish implores Mike, Casey, and Georgie to investigate the factory upstream and plead his case with the CEO, Mr. Aslongas I. Getrich. Along with Oldenwizer the Tree and Robin the Bird, the children come up with a clever plan to combat the effects of Getrich's greed. But standing up for the environment takes more than a clever plan—it also takes determination, the help of all your friends, and at least six catchy songs.
1031 Elm St.
Peekskill, New York 10566Get Directions