Roller skating has been frequently celebrated in art and literature, from Jules Verne’s Around the Rink in Eighty Days to Jackson Pollock’s countless depictions of exploded roller skates. Roll into immortality with today’s Groupon for a skate-admission package to Tinley Park Roller Rink or Glenwood Roller Rink. Choose from the following options:
- For $12, you get a roller-skating package for two (up to a $27 total value), which includes:
- Rink admission for two (up to a $14 value)
- Skate rental for two (a $5 value)
- Two hot dogs (a $3 value)
- Two sodas (a $3 value)<p>
- For $23, you get a roller-skating package for four (up to a $54 total value) that includes:
- Rink admission for four (up to a $28 value)
- Skate rental for four (a $10 value)
- Four hot dogs (a $6 value)
- Four sodas (a $6 value)<p>
- For $32, you get a roller-skating package for six (up to an $81 total value) that includes:
- Rink admission for six (up to a $42 value)
- Skate rental for six (a $15 value)
- Six hot dogs (a $9 value)
- Six sodas (a $9 value)<p>
These packages are valid at Glenwood on Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Thursday from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Saturday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. At Tinley Park packages are valid on Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Friday from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. Guests are allowed to bring their own skates or rollerblades.
At Tinley Park and Glenwood roller rinks, hordes of amateur speedsters race across wood floorboards under a cornucopia of colored lights as familiar tunes reverberate off the decorated walls. Strap skates to feet or miniature toe skates to toes before stepping onto a sea of wood planks to glide and zoom. Skating sessions are for bladers of all skill levels, offering a safe environment in which to frolic with friends or learn skating basics.
Following spins around the arena, repopulate empty bellies with a comfort-food package that provides each skater with a plump hot dog and a fizzy 16-ounce soda. Today’s Groupon is good for up to six skate-ready patrons, making it ideal for small-group gatherings or intimate boardroom meetings.
Glenwood Roller Rink
As skaters glide across Glenwood Roller Rink’s polished hardwood, the lights flashing over their heads might as well belong to a time machine. That’s how convincingly the rink captures the essence of those carefree days when you first held hands in couples skate or landed your first flawless triple axel. A team of DJs keeps things festive throughout roller-skating sessions for all ages, pumping out upbeat tunes to fuel the nightly festivities. They wisely opt for a soundtrack tinged with soul on themed nights for adults.
The staff was incredibly helpful to the kids. The food was goodB L., Yelp, 9/14/11
Very nice rink with a floating wood floor...thats wood on wood and it breathes when you roll on it, purrrfect for skatingJack E., Yelp, 5/2/11
“Its clean and a safe environment. The music is up to date”
“The young lady was very very nice and professional! ”
“Kids had fun”