Groupon already brings you something fun to do every day. Now it brings you a whole day of doing something fun. Come along and you'll get to connect with new people during four hours of paintball, including pizza and a couple rounds of drinks. Whether you want to bring friends or make new ones, you won't have to worry about getting there, calling ahead, what to eat, where to go. You just have to go.
What You Get
- Transportation: Roundtrip motorcoach ride from the city to Paintball Explosion in East Dundee. The motorcoach can be used for storage and includes a washroom.
- Equipment: A mask, a Tippmann Custom 98 marker, an air tank, a hopper, and 500 rounds of paintballs
- Paintball: Four hours of paintball across nine indoor and outdoor fields
- Lunch: Two food options—each good for a hot dog or a slice of pizza—plus chips and a drink
- Drinks: Two post-game drinks (your choice of domestic beer or well drinks)
After checking in at the meet-up location in River North, you board the motorcoach and meet your fellow players during the drive to Paintball Explosion in East Dundee.
Paintball Explosion feature on 190 North (2012)
Groupon's private referees will be there to greet you and take you through a brief safety-training session before suiting you up with all necessary gear. The Groupon guides split everyone up into teams and lead each team through four hours of paintball action that spans nine fields both indoors and outdoors. In addition to speedball options, themed fields let players sample a variety of play styles, such as:
- Turmoil Field: House structures, overturned cars, sniper towers, sandbag foxholes, and oil pumps provide plenty of cover as teams strategize and coordinate their way to victory.
- Biohazard Field: The arcades and funhouses of an abandoned amusement park add an eerie backdrop to suspenseful shootouts that are heavy on wrapping around corners and leapfrogging.
- Code Black Field: Laid out in concentric circles, this missile launch pad pits teams against each another as they either foil the launch or ensure its success.
- Mutiny Field: Replicas of a pirate ship and its surrounding waves let players simulate the swashbuckling derring-do of a naval raid.
Players are free to break for lunch whenever they get hungry. After turning in their equipment, everyone gets to unwind and toast new friendships with two drinks. The entire excursion lasts about eight hours.
- Saturday, February 9, at 10 a.m.
- Saturday, February 23, at 10 a.m.