Before golf, grassy pastures were the exclusive territory of roaming sheep, herds of cattle, and children without parents. Play through with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$29 for a golf outing for two (up to a $68 total value)
$55 for a golf outing for four (up to a $136 total value)
Each golfer receives the following:
- One 18-hole round of golf, including cart rental (up to a $31 value/person)
- One shared bucket of driving range balls (a $6 value; foursomes receive two shared buckets)
Greer Country Club
The fairways of Greer Country Club’s 18-hole course arch over rolling hills and weave through groves of trees, offering up narrow landing zones on a layout that rewards accuracy over power. Like a putting green that began as a shag carpet, the course emerged from humble beginnings. A group of local businessmen backed its construction in 1955, and many early supporters spent time extracting rocks from the turf by hand; the first round of golf cost $6. Since then, the 6,300-yard course has matured into a well-manicured circuit of Bermuda grass fairways and small, bent-grass greens, outlined by Carolina pines and dotted by water hazards on four holes. Open year round, the course complements its course with a driving range, where golfers can find their swings or discreetly practice archery before taking to the first tee.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par-72 course
- Bermuda grass fairways and bent grass greens
- Length of 6,300 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 70.3 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 121 from the farthest tees