Sometimes things require a fresh coat of paint—figuratively, for those seeking a new look at the salon, or literally, for blacking out the nursery walls after your baby is unexpectedly born goth. Get an alternative look with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $20 for a salon package, which includes a haircut, style, and conditioning treatment (a $40 value)
- $49 for a salon package (a $40 value) and partial highlights (up to a $75 value; up to a $115 total value)
- $65 for a salon package (a $40 value) and full highlights (up to a $120 value; up to a $160 total value)
The invention of the hair dryer has given hairstylists a powerful tool of the trade and the rest of us a quick way to dry soggy fireworks. Check out Groupon’s explanation of the science behind dry hair.
Hair Dryers: The Physics of Rapid Evaporation
Given time, everything wet—even hair after a long shower—dries due to evaporation. When left to “air dry,” hair slowly loses its moisture as the air scoops it up and converts it to water vapor. Hair dryers speed up the drying process by blowing hot air over the wet hair—a process that works wonders thanks to two key principles of evaporation:
- Evaporation requires energy, and more energy—in this case, heat—helps break the bonds holding water molecules together more quickly; when those bonds are loose, the water changes states.
- A pocket of air can only hold a certain amount of vapor before it becomes saturated. Thus, blowing air over the hair increases the amount of air that can potentially pick up the vapor.
All hair dryers consist of an electric fan and a heating element. As the fan pushes air down the barrel, it passes over the heat and emerges as hot air. Though some models heat coils of wire with an electrical current, others have ceramic heating elements, which can dry hair more quickly by producing the more radiant, safer far-infrared heat. Lately, many stylists have begun to adopt ionic hair dryers, which expel hot air with a surplus of negatively charged ions, reducing static electricity and resulting in smoother hair.
Jenny Dobbs at Hair Co.
As its name implies, Hair Co. specializes in haircare. The salon, which has been in business for more than 20 years, offers a range of hair services. Stylists cut hair into stylish dos, add pops of color with eye-catching highlights, and craft curly coils with perms. The salon offers a range of other treatments as well, which include waxing and tanning, to ensure every square inch of its clients looks great.
“Jenny is very nice and cut and fixed my hair just like I ask..”
“She was awesome! It was my first Brazilian and she was extremely professional and I felt very comfortable. It didn't hurt at all!”
“Jenny is the absolute best at waxing!!!”