Choose from Three Options
- $29 for an intro and certification course on laser cutting & etching, and an intro and certification course 3D printing (a $58 value)
- $52 for an intro and certification course on laser cutting & etching and an intro and certification course on 3D printing for two (a $116 value)
- $53 for a one-month membership package (a $118 value)
The membership package includes the following:
- One-month membership to the HexLab Makerspace
- Intro and certification course on 3D printing
- Intro and certification course on laser cutting and etching
- Students will also build and take home a project in each certification course.
HexLab Makerspace started as a rapid prototyping firm that used high-tech gadgets to help companies realize their vision for new products. However, it wasn't long before HexLab noticed an increasing public demand for their services and technologies—especially 3D printing, 3D scanning, and laser cutting. This sparked the decision to convert the workspace into a full-blown laboratory and throw open the doors to creative-minded people who want to try their hand at making things.
In addition to advanced tools, the lab now offers guidance on using such machinery in hands-on classes. Students learn how to sculpt or create 3D models, work with metal, and create unique objects as gifts or works of art. Visitors at the space pursue all sorts of projects, including creating miniature replicas of themselves to mail to loved ones.
Established: 2001 as a product design, manufacturing, and research and development firm, establishing the makerspace in 2013
Handicap Accessible: Yes
Staff Size: 2–10 people
Parking: Parking lot
Most popular offering: Laser cutting or 3D printing
Pro Tip: Check website for inspiration
Good for Kids: Must be 10 or older (with parent or guardian)
Walk-ins Welcome: Yes
18740 Oxnard St., #303
Tarzana, California 91356