Science can be a frightening word, particularly when it’s listed under cause of death and followed by three exclamation points. Overcome your fear of knowledge with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $23 for a museum outing with main exhibit hall and Cockrell Butterfly Center admission for two (up to a $46 value)
- $23 for a museum outing with main exhibit hall and Burke Baker Planetarium admission for two (up to a $46 value)
- $45 for a museum outing with main exhibit hall and Cockrell Butterfly Center admission for four (up to a $92 value)
- $45 for a museum outing with main exhibit hall and Burke Baker Planetarium admission for four (up to a $92 value)<p>
Each outing includes the following:
- Admission to the main exhibit hall (up to a $15 value/person)
- Admission to a special attraction (up to an $8 value/person)<p>
Houston Museum of Natural Science
Seven days a week, the Houston Museum of Natural Science cultivates knowledge with interactive exhibits that shuttle minds into such far-flung realms as tropical rainforests and outer space. Permanent exhibit halls house everything from the skeletons of brachiosauruses in the recently expanded Morian Hall of Paleontology to artifacts from ancient Egypt and the Americas.
Housed inside three stories of glass, the museum's Cockrell Butterfly Center habitat teems with more than 1,500 winged wonders from around the globe, which frolic around a 50-foot waterfall, and flutter through exotic plants. Visitors can also gaze skyward in the Burke Baker Planetarium, which casts more than 10 daily shows with curve-mirror projection technology. Eyes marvel at the planetarium's 30'x18' full-dome digital theater, capable of transporting families to the aurora borealis in the Arctic Circle or to the nougat-flavored center of a black hole.
What some people are buzzing about:
A great outing with the family, whether you're 2 or 90. The Butterfly Center is an experience everyone should have! ...Take your family this weekend!Cat C., Yelp, 5/30/12
I stopped one of the employees and OMG, he was so knowledgeable. He took time to talk to us and I truly appreciated that!Leena C., Yelp, 8/27/12
96% of 8,943 customers recommend
“Was there 4 hours and could have used a little more time.”
“Definitely a great place to spend the day with the kids. Since its open 7 days a week, recommend you go on a Sunday.”
“I highly reccomend parking in the museum garage, it's only $10 takes you directly into the museum.”
The Museum District
5555 Hermann Park Dr.
Houston, Texas 77030Get Directions