A restaurant meal is incomplete without its after-dinner mint, which cleanses the palate before patrons gnaw a subterranean tunnel home. Chew the scenery with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$55 for a three-course chef’s tasting menu for two (a $110 value)
$110 for a three-course chef’s tasting menu for four (a $220 value)
$165 for a three-course chef’s tasting menu for six (a $330 value)
Each diner selects an item from the following three courses:
- Garden greens in a creamy lemon-basil dressing with a carrot-and-jicama slaw and marinated tomatillos
- Chipotle lobster bisque with a parmesan puff pastry
- Crunchy trout with mango-jalapeño aioli and ancho paint
- Pecan-wood-smoked beef tenderloin in a jalapeño hollandaise sauce
- Wild turtle pie dipped in Belgian-chocolate ganache
- Hill Country peach cobbler topped with a Bubba-Lynn bourbon and vanilla-praline sauce, and vanilla ice cream
Hudson's on the Bend
Jeff Blank and his kitchen crew like to joke that other cooks must suffer from a "fear of cooking." That's because, for the award-winning chef, cooking is a kind of alchemy—an ambitious experiment that is sometimes fated to fail. But when it works, Jeff and his Executive Chef Kelly Casey transform fresh ingredients, often plucked from local farms and ranches, into piquant dishes adorned with housemade sauces, such as tomatillo white chocolate, mango jalapeño, and bourbon vanilla praline. Behind the kitchen, a stone smokehouse infuses ostrich, rattlesnake, and venison meats with dusky notes, creating entrees that have won them recognition for the Best Wild Game Dish from readers of the Austin Chronicle.
Diners take in the gustatory array on a patio and in a garden gazebo, surrounded by vegetable plants, flowers, and trees wrapped in petite nodes of light. Even the rustic, upscale décor—characterized by soft candlelight, red tablecloths, and vibrant paintings along exposed-stone walls—has earned acclaim, finding favorable mention in the New York Times' travel guide.