Like the ability to throw knives at apples balanced atop human heads, golf skills disappear if you don't keep working at them. Learn from your mistakes with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $39 for an 18-hole round of golf with cart for two (up to a $78 value)
- $75 for an 18-hole round of golf with cart for four (up to a $156 value)
Rates fluctuate throughout the day and week.
Ingersoll Golf Course
Encompassing a 6,107-yard 18-hole course and a four-hole learning facility, Ingersoll Golf Course showcases the most novice-friendly golfing experience in the Rockford Park District collection of courses. Named for Lieutenant Clayton Ingersoll, a pilot who lost his life in WWI, the 18-hole course has been fielding fairway-threading drives, careful lay-ups, and mesmerizing argyle combinations since 1922. Next to the course lies the Ingersoll Learning Links, added in 2004. With four holes ranging from 60 to 105 yards, the short course presents beginners—especially youngsters—with a low-stress learning facility for practicing new skills or testing out grandpa's hand-me-down crowbar clubs.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 71 course
- Total length of 6,107 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 69 from the back tees
- Course slope of 114 from the back tees
- Two sets of tees per hole