It’s easy to get distracted from what you’re doing, whether you’re writing an important essay, solving a mathematical proof, or crafting the perfect speech to explain spaying to your dog. Here are some sure-fire ways to minimize distractions and get the job done:
- Turn off the TV.
- Hide your video games.
- Put the TV in a big box so you won’t look at it and imagine which of your favorite shows might be on.
- Replace the box with a casket. TV is dead.
- Burn your books: they’re just written TV.
- Ask your roommate to move out if his life story is distractingly similar to that of classic TV character Mr. Simpson.
- Close all the doors and windows so you don’t have to hear all the TVs driving down your street.
- Imagine you’re on a TV show where you’ll win a million dollars if you don’t get distracted. Turn your TV back on so you can watch yourself on TV. Forget about what you were working on before; you’re a TV star now and you don’t have to do anything.