Wine stored in a bottle gets better with age, whereas a message sent in a bottle is the best way to avoid exorbitant stamp prices. Empty your own glass envelopes with today’s Groupon to Jackie’s Wine Bar in Rockville. Choose between the following options:
- For $14, you get four glasses of wine (a $31.26 value, including tax).
- For $99, you get six bottles of wine (a $226.91 value, including tax), including the following:
- One bottle of red 2008 Vistalba Corte B, vino de guarda, from Mendoza, Argentina (a $40 value)
- One bottle of Cuvelier Los Andes, malbec blend 2007, from Argentina (a $35 value)
- One bottle of 2007 malbec, Clos de Siete, from Mendoza, Argentina (a $35 value)
- Three bottles of red 2007 Isole e Olena chianti Classico, from Italy (a $36 value each)
Jackie’s Wine Bar houses a coterie of Bacchanalian bottles originating in Italy, Chile, France, and Argentina. Oenophiles sip wine by the glass together in-house, reciting favored cereal-box ingredients from memory as they savor the Poesia malbec from Mendoza, or admire the ruby hue of La Linda malbec. A sauvignon blanc ventures mouthside straight from Chile, and a cabernet rosé, hailing from the French Loire River Valley, crosses the ocean to fill clinking cups. Alternatively, grape-grapplers can tote home or fill gas tanks with half a dozen vintages, including a trio of bottles rife with edible garnets from Argentina and three Italian chiantis, which slip ripe, fruity notes into glasses with a strong tannin finish.
Jackie's Wine Bar
Like a United Nations of varietals, some of the world’s tastiest wines from countries such as Argentina, Chile, Italy, and France are well-represented within Jackie’s Wine Bar. Connoisseurs savor the unique notes of each pour while investigating the black-framed pictures on Jackie’s coffee-colored walls and the shelves of wine bottles that vie for attention behind the bar by wearing chic designer labels. On Thursday evenings, free salsa lessons invite patrons to set down their glasses and grab their dance partner’s hand; Saturday nights feature live bands that serve dulcet melodies as aromatic bouquets serenade olfactory receptors. Fresh air courses through Jackie’s outdoor patio, where visitors can alternate between sips of wine or beer and bites of sandwiches, desserts, and appetizers.