Like attaching a fake mustache to a Halloween mask or cleverly changing your name from Obi-Wan Kenobi to Ben Kenobi, adding a new ingredient to something familiar can render it delightfully unrecognizable. Enjoy inventive eats with today's Groupon to Jax Kitchen. Choose between the following options:
- For $20, you get lunch for two (up to a $46 value) that includes:
- One snack appetizer (up to an $11 value)
- Two salads, sandwiches, or main dishes (up to a $14 value each)
- Two nonalcoholic beverages or one sharable french press or 1 liter of Panna or Pellegrino (up to a $7 value)
- For $39, you get lunch for four (up to a $92 value) that includes the following:
- Two snack appetizers (up to an $11 value each)
- Four salads, sandwiches, or main dishes (up to a $14 value each)
- Four nonalcoholic beverages or one sharable French press or 1 liter of Panna or Pellegrino (up to a $14 value)
Hailed by Phoenix Magazine, among others, for its "clever combo of American comfort food and French bistro fare," the menu at Jax Kitchen has garnered praise for its palate-pleasing combinations crafted from seasonal ingredients. As diners settle around tables, servers whisk out a choice of three snacks to start—baked goat cheese, crab summer rolls, or duck-confit street tacos stuffed with green-chili cream, street-vendor-style corn, and salsa. After raising the leafy green curtain of a salad, the rotating sandwich special ($10) or fresh pasta ($13) takes the stage. Singular sandwich and pasta offerings rotate daily based on the availability of seasonal ingredients. Sip solo from a single chalice, or team up with diners to divvy up drinks from a French press, a liter of Panna or Pellegrino, or a pitcher full of the tears of a cloud.
Hailed by Phoenix magazine, among others, for its "mix of whimsy, talent, kitchen smarts and great service," Jax Kitchen concocts upscale comfort fare that blends the familiar with the sophisticated. The eatery’s seasonal dishes, featuring favorite foods of the owners and head chef Virginia Wooters, dress up new york strip steak with sunny-side quail eggs and load sea-scallop chowder with poblano peppers and house-made cornbread croutons. Inside the dining area, soft lighting illuminates each bite, and brick archways form the entrance to an outdoor patio area where patrons can sip cocktails and wines and inhale uninhibited amounts of oxygen.