The term SCUBA, like NATO and DNA, is an acronym coined during the 1940s, when America imposed strict rations on unnecessary syllables. Journ 'low sea lev with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$199 for a four-session PADI open-water-dive certification course with two open-water dives (a $476 value)
- One classroom session
- One pool session
- Two shallow-water dives
- Two open-water dives from a boat
- $25 credit toward mask, fins, and snorkel purchases
Most equipment is provided, but students must provide their own mask, fins, and snorkel ($40 a day for rental). The required course materials ($78) are not included.
$199 for a five-session PADI advanced open-water-dive certification course (a $471 value)
- One underwater navigation dive
- Two two-tank dives at various local reefs and dive sites
- Open-water-dive certification is a prerequisite
- Students must provide their own complete gear package ($55 a day for rental) and purchase course materials ($73). Rental packages do not include surface markers, light, and reel, which are also required.
Jupiter Dive Center
The five-star, PADI-certified staff at Jupiter Dive Center, a waterside school, mentors divers of all experience levels in progressive PADI courses. In the multiday courses, instructors teach to general open-water certifications and specialized styles, such as wreck diving and night diving. Guides also lead certified divers on guided day or night charters into the artificial shipwrecks and coral reefs blanketing the local sea floor. Though specific sites vary according to daily conditions, excursions drift past herds of sea life, including colorful schools of fish, peaceful anemones, and sea turtles out-swimming hares arrogantly napping in their own scuba helmets. Dive-shop staff outfits divers' bodies with high-end scuba gear, such as Scubapro suits and instruments.